A lot of you started to ask me what’s the difference between a stud, boi and a gentlewoman. A gentlewoman is a woman that has discriminating taste in women, fashion, culture and politics. There are dapper studs and bois, but that don’t make them gentlewomen. It’s about how you treat others. It’s opening up a door for your lady. It’s giving up your seat on the subway for the elderly or a pregnant woman.
Ladies, you want to know if you have a boi or a gentlewoman. Here are a few rules a gentlewoman will follow:
- A gentlewoman doesn’t want a relationship with gender roles. We both work. We both clean. We both spoil each other.
- She wants you to make decisions. Don’t be wishy-washy. If you want to hang out with her, you can call her, too. She doesn’t alway want to make the first move.
- She’s a womanist. She doesn’t hate men. She believe in equality in work pay. She believes the woman not the government should control her body (and what she does with it).
- A ‘boi’ make her girl jealous of other women. A gentlewoman makes other women jealous of her woman.
- Any woman can sex you, feed you and buy you stuff. But it takes a gentlewoman to help you become a better person to build with you and work with you in building a better life together.
- Sending a woman a text that says “Good morning, beautiful” can change her attitude for the rest of the day.
- She doesn’t have time to play with you. A gentlewoman never leads her on if you knows nothing’s going to happen. She’s honest and straightforward.
- Don’t tell her lies just to spare her feelings. She’d rather know the truth now rather than finding out later.
- She expects you to actively listen to her as she will do the same for you.
- When on the date with you, she’ll have her phone on silent. No social media. No text messages. No phone calls unless it’s an emergency. (I struggle with this one! I have to be present with my lady especially during our quality time.)
- She’ll call you out the blue just to hear your voice. She’ll respond to your text in a timely manner.
- She’s spontaneous. Just be ready for adventure.
- A gentlewoman doesn’t make a promise if they’re going to break it.
- She believes in chivalry. Chivalry is a beautiful, genuine thing. It will never die.
- A real gentlewoman’s treatment of her girl never fades. She doesn’t treat her right for a few months and then stops. A true gentlewoman keeps her smiling.
- A gentlewoman knows to keep things good and bad between each other. She does not want everybody in your business.
Everyone is not a gentlewoman. Gentlewomen are not perfect, but we are trying to be the best version of ourselves. Do you agree with my definition of a gentlewoman? If not, how would you define a gentlewoman?